Full disclosure: I suck at coming up with book titles. Second to writing the book description, it’s my least favorite part of the writing process.
As such, I’ve lovingly referred to my forthcoming novel (the sequel to The Cogsmith’s Daughter) as Desertera #2. With the publication date creeping ever closer, I’ve finally decided upon a title.
Since it took so long, I thought it would be a little anti-climatic to just announce the title. Therefore, I’ve decided to host a little contest.
Here’s the deal: over the next week and a half, I’ll be slowly unveiling the title of Desertera #2. And one lucky reader will receive a signed paperback copy of either The Cogsmith’s Daughter or Desertera #2 (upon its release).
- The giveaway is open to all readers, both domestic (U.S.) and international.
- Each reader can submit up to (but no more than) three guesses.
- There will be four clues in total, and you can submit your guesses at any time.
- The contest officially ends on August 2nd at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- ONLY guesses submitted through the official contact form on the posts will be considered. Any guesses submitted through comments, direct messages, regular email, or any other form of communication will be disregarded.
- The first reader to guess the title correctly will win one signed paperback copy of either The Cogsmith’s Daughter or Desertera #2.
- If no one guesses the title correctly, the author will choose what she deems the “closest” submission as the winner.
All right … here’s your first clue. Good luck!
HINT: Remember, this novel is from Dellwyn Rutt’s perspective.
Once again, good luck and happy guessing!