Month-End Update: December 2015

Much like November, I do not have too much to report from December. Most of the month was spent getting through busy season at work and enjoying time with friends and family (though the latter through phone calls). Therefore, I’ll keep this short and sweet so we can finish off 2015 and focus on 2016!

As those of you who are reading this on the website will notice, I’ve already started on my 2016 resolutions by giving the website a fresh face. I’d love to know your thoughts (as well as if you notice any broken links!).

Writing/Drafting

• Blog Posts Written — 6 (plus one reblog)
  • Fiction Words Written — 9,776
  • # of Days I Wrote Fiction — 9
  • # of Days I Wrote Non-Fiction — 6
  • Outlines Written — 0

Editing/Revising

• Drafts Revised — 0
  • # of Days I Revised — 0
  • Misc. Editing — N/A

Reading

• Books Begun/In-Progress
    • N/A

Author Business Activities

• Worked with a graphic designer friend on covers for my non-fiction project(s)
  • Emailed a feedback survey to my newsletter and analyzed the results
  • Shipped signed copies of The Cogsmith’s Daughter to generous readers!

Goals for January

• Redesign website (done!)
  • Continue working on Desertera #2
  • Finish (and, pending cover designs, publish) my first non-fiction booklet

How did your December go? Did you accomplish all you wanted to in 2015? What are you looking forward to in 2016? Share your progress in the comments!

15 thoughts on “Month-End Update: December 2015

1. SandySays1 says:

Very goal oriented and positive. I might add you may wish to consider a control my human (who writes) uses in his periodic evaluations. He does a quality assessment using his and three of his readers opinions that he holds equal to his quantitative control.

• Kate M. Colby says:

I’m going to dip my toe into the world of non-fiction for writers. My education and professional background is in Creative Writing and copywriting/marketing, plus my blog posts tend to be well-received, so I figured it’s worth a shot!

Always in admiration of your talent in organisation and efficiency. I am looking forward to changing the “face” of my blog too, but I’m still searching for where I want to take it aesthetically. I have also been making a list of books I’m going to read this month (The Cogsmith’s Daughter is obviously on it!), which I will make a point to achieve no matter what other responsibilities come my way. Good luck with your goals in January!

• Kate M. Colby says:

Thanks, Amrita! It definitely is difficult to do a website redesign with WordPress – there are almost too many options. Congrats on your goal to make time for reading. That’s very important for us writers. Whenever you do make it to TCD, I hope you enjoy it!

3. velociraptor256 says:

Your New Year’s resolutions are great again – straight-forward and measurable. I managed 10 out of 15 of mine for 2015. Didn’t get very much done over the Christmas holidays – I had more time than I knew what to do with and was distracted by various things (*cough* Christmas presents), so I’m not that sorry to go back to work as it will allow me to get back into a routine. Have also just started on The Cogsmith’s Daughter finally!

• Kate M. Colby says:

Congrats on hitting so many of your 2015 goals! That’s great! I feel about the same as you do about the holidays. As much as I wanted to stay in vacation mode, I really am more productive when I have a routine. And thanks for reading TCD! I hope you’re enjoying it so far!