As most of you know, October revolved around the launch of my first novel. If it weren’t for my commute, which allows me ample reading time, I probably wouldn’t have accomplished much else! But, overall, I think October was a successful month. My first book is out in the world, and so far, it’s been relatively well-received. Now, it’s time for transition. It’s time to get focused on writing again and steer my website in a direction that is more reader-friendly (Don’t worry, I’ll still write about writing from time to time, too!).
But, for now, here’s what I accomplished this month:
- Blog Posts Written — 17
- Fiction Words Written — 0
- # of Days I Wrote Fiction — 0
- Outlines Written — None, but I did write out my production schedule for 2016!
- Drafts Revised — Completed the final proofread of The Cogsmith’s Daughter (Desertera #1)
- # of Days I Revised — 4
- Misc. Editing — N/A
- Books Finished
- Rise of the Storm (The Desolate Empire Book 1) by Christina Ochs
- Supercharge Your Kindle Sales (Book Marketing for Authors 2) by Nick Stephenson
- Crossings by Ashley Capes
- No Quarter (The Ambeth Chronicles #2) by Helen Jones – review to come
- A Time to Live (The Legend of Carter Gabel #2) by Jonas Lee
- 1001 Islands by K.T. Munson – review to come
- Books Begun/In-Progress
- Books Reviewed
Author Business Activities
- Successfully published The Cogsmith’s Daughter (Desertera #1)
- Had a fantastic book launch blog tour – you can see all the posts here
- Hosted a successful Goodreads giveaway
- Did a few website tweaks, including PayPal links for readers to buy paperback copies
- Downloaded Scrivener for my laptop (finally!)
- Organized my production schedule for 2016 (and roughly for 2017 and 2018, too)
Goals for November
- Win NaNoWriMo. That’s right, I am going down that rabbit hole again…even though I am fully aware that I do not have the time. I definitely will not be blogging every day like I did last year, but I’ll check in a few times to let you all know how I’m doing. You can also add me as a writing buddy, if you like. My username is KateMColby.
What have you accomplished this month? What are your goals for November? For the rest of the year?