My main goal for May was to achieve a better balance between my author business and personal life. Judging by the items crossed off my three to-do lists, I’d say I was successful. Daniel and I have been steadily chipping away at our moving responsibilities, and I promise I will post something about that soon for those of you who are interested in my personal life.
As for writing, this content revision has taken much longer than I anticipated, but it is so thrilling to see my novel finally coming together. Once this revision is through and off to my line editor, it will be all downhill from there, and I know the time will fly before the release. My fingers are practically shaking as I type!
Anyway, before I get too caught up in the future, let me take this time to hold myself accountable to you all and reflect on my May:
- Blog Posts Written — 14
- Fresh Fiction Words Written — 424 – For the Love of Coffee
- # of Days I Wrote Fiction — 1
- Outlines Written — 0 (but brainstorming for Desertera #2 has begun!)
- Drafts Revised — The Cogsmith’s Daughter (Desertera #1) – content revision based on content editor’s and beta readers’ feedback almost complete!
- # of Days I Revised — 11
- Misc. Editing — N/A
- Books Finished
- Books Begun/In-Progress
- Books Reviewed
Author Business Activities
- Performed subtle website updates
- Updated all author biographies and tag lines
- Began searching for company logo design (in progress)
- Figured out the best way to begin vlogging without spending money on new equipment (vlog to begin next month!)
- Set tentative (and still secretive) release date for The Cogsmith’s Daughter
- Began preparing marketing strategies for The Cogsmith’s Daughter‘s release
Goals for June
- Finish the last bit of the content edit revision of The Cogsmith’s Daughter
- Begin the line edit revision of The Cogsmith’s Daughter
- Finish the line edit revision — if possible with editor’s schedule
- Have business logo made
- Initiate cover design process
- Expand into vlogging/video
What’s going on with the rest of you busy bees? What are your goals for June? For the rest of the year?