The 2K International Writers’ Blog Tour – Renee N. Meland

Renee N. Meland

ReneeRenee N. Meland lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and two dogs. Her favorite obsessions are Rome, learning new recipes, and exploring the world around her. She is an avid reader of speculative fiction, and believes that telling stories is the best job in the world.

What is the first piece you remember writing (from childhood or young adulthood)?

I remember writing a fantasy piece, that we used cardboard and wallpaper to make into a book. It was called Yendor (my dad’s name spelled backwards)

What is your favorite aspect of being a writer? Your least favorite?

I get paid to play pretend. Least favorite part? It’s very hard to stand out when there are millions of other books out there.

Do you believe in writer’s block? If so, what is your best tip for beating it? If not, why not?

I believe in it but I don’t usually experience it. It’s more a block of motivation than ideas. Especially in the middle of a third or fourth draft, I’m ready to be done even though the story isn’t ready.

renee bookWhat is your current writing project? What is the most challenging aspect of your current writing project?

I am working on the third installment of The Extraction List Series, titled Leave me Lost. The challenge is I have to make people fall in love on paper, which I’m discovering is very difficult.

What supports you in your writing?

My husband and my parents.

What are you currently reading?

A dystopian called Station Eleven.

Where can our readers find you and your books online?

www.reneenmeland.wordpress.com

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Author Interviews, Fiction Blog
17 comments on “The 2K International Writers’ Blog Tour – Renee N. Meland
  1. Fia Essen says:

Reblogged this on Fia Essen and commented:
    Does Renee N. Meland believe in Writer’s Block? “It’s more a block of motivation than ideas,” she says.

2. Lana says:

You posted this three times stop already

3. Reblogged this on To Write With a Broken Pencil is Pointless and commented:
    The 7th installment of The 2K International Writers’ Blog Tour: Renee N. Meland!

4. Reblogged this on Reading Over People's Shoulders… and commented:
    The 2K International Writers’ Blog Tour continues!

5. reneenmeland says:

Reblogged this on Renee N. Meland's Books and commented:
    I’m up next! Check out my interview for the 2K International Writer’s Blog Tour here!

6. lightwalker1 says:

Reblogged this on Lightwalkers Blog and commented:
    Today’s installment of the 2K International Bloggers Tour features Renee N. Meland. She is currently working on the third installment of The Extraction List Series, titled “Leave me Lost”

7. Great interview! I agree, making characters fall in love is hard. Sharing on Twitter!

8. Thanks for the great interview, Renee! You have a beautifully designed book cover, by the way!

9. […] We come to the end of the first week of the blog tour with this interview.  Sunday is an off day.  You can also read this on the hosts’ blogs here and here. […]

Our final road trip adventure: returning to Salem! This time, my highlight was visiting the probable burial site of Rebecca Nurse.